Sunday, April 29, 2012

two in one day!

It is so nice to finally get a project done.  My nephew and his wife are expecting any day- for sure by Tuesday so I wanted to get the Baby Blanket done before her birth!  I am holding it for randsom thought until I am able to hold their new baby girl!  It was inspired by Samantha at http://thehandmadedress.blogspot.com/.  It is a no hole granny.  I love the colors but the shaping is not as nice as I would have liked it to be!  But is it made with love! 




You can see the curling of the edges!  I don't know how to block and perhaps that would have helped?  I know they will love it regardless! 
I also made a nursing cover for them.  We saw one at a mom to mom sale and they seemed rather expensive and so I made one for less than $6!  The worst part is that my sewing machine broke 5 minutes before I was finished and had to stitch some by hand!  I love the fabric- pretty and feminie!  There are patterns for the all over it you are interested in making one too- about 45 minutes of time and simple!


I hope you have had a great weekend- mine was!
Onto start my next project!

Norma

No comments:

Post a Comment