Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year but with end of the year projects!


Happy New Year!  I hope that you have a great year filled with smiles and laughter.   If there be tears - or for me it is when there are tears, may they cleanse our hearts and help heal wounds!
This is a photo of "commissioned" work!  My daughter's coworkers wanted hats - one green with ear flaps and the other a stocking hat.  The ear flap was a piece of cake but it is the first hat that I have made that I crocheted the earflaps as I went instead of adding them after.  I think it turned out well!  The stocking hat was a little tougher!  First of all, I hate counting stitches and I hate following a pattern so of course, I used about 3 different ones and made it my own!  It is so heavy though!  I hope that my daughter's friend likes it.  I don't sell for profit- I only asked for the cost of the yarn.  To be honest, the time we put in our works is hard to put a price on!  
I still have a few more projects to share that have a tiniest bit of work yet to finish so- look for more posts soon!

Best wishes for a GREAT 2013!
~Norma

2 comments:

  1. Hi Norma - I have just loaded your blog in for the Grow Your Blog party -- I look forward to your special post on the 19th. Latest updates are on my blog -- I hope you make LOTS of new friends!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lovely blog. I'm new follower and 'Grow Your Blog' participant. Have fun in at the party!
    Evalina, This and that...

    ReplyDelete